Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jumpsuit Parade

Confession: I am currently suffering from a serious jumpsuit obsession.  It all started a few years ago, when Rose Byrne wore this Elie Saab jumpsuit to the 2012 SAG awards.
Source: Lucky Magazine
Not only is she gorgeous, and hilarious (hello, Bridesmaids), she also has amazing style.  This embellished suit is so perfectly quirky and formal, I've wanted to wear one ever since. 

Then, Emma Stone, another one of my style icons, wore this one: 

Source: Glamour Magazine
It's another fantastic Elie Saab suit, with an embellished bodice and crepe pants. I love how in both of these Elie Saab pieces the covered up, potentially very un-sexy pant suit is given a glamourous edge with the addition of embellishments and a plunging neckline. The juxtaposition of the covered arms and legs with the deep-v at the neck is such a great contrast! The addition of the beaded top and gold plated belt negate any need for accessories - what a fantastic evening look. 

Source: Us Weekly Magazine
What prompted this post was this picture of Natalie Portman (who has usually impeccable red carpet style), wearing this slightly tuxedo-inspired strapless jumpsuit from the Dior 2013 Runway at the Miss Dior Exhibit.  I almost died when I saw this! The subtly draped top, with it's embellished beading, contrasted with the fitted black peg-leg pants, is reminiscent of Yves Saint Laurent's Le Smoking from the 1970's.  This modern version of that look made famous by Bianca Jagger is perfect for the holidays, I can't wait to find one I can afford! Or possibly someone who will spend a small fortune on this one... Santa? 

Until next time, 
xo 


10 comments:

  1. Aww jumpsuits are so adorable! I followed your blog is perfect! :))

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm currently saving my pennies for this one: http://www.aliceandolivia.com/arrow-tank-plt-pant-jumpsuit.html?___store=default

      Delete
  3. Love your blog name - so cute! Love the jumpsuits as well. :)
    thecaliforniacollegestudent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually a joke between my best friend and me - we send each other pictures of shoes "we'll never have" on gchat while we're at work ha

      Delete
  4. Jumpsuits look so fabulous when done right! I love all of the ones you picked for this post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Sometimes they can look a little too boho for me - but I love them when they're glamorous and black tie ready!

      Delete
  5. i love natalie portman's jumpsuit! she's so gorgeous
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know... I honestly don't think I've ever seen her look bad!

      Delete