Monday, October 7, 2013

Southern Sass Award


Wow! I honestly cannot believe that I was nominated for a Southern Sass award! It is so amazing. I'd like to thank Lauren, at A Touch of Southern Grace, for the nod, it is so incredible that she thought of me! 
The Southern Sass Award is meant to reward smaller bloggers who represent "Southern sass." The rules: Answer the questions, and then nominate a few other bloggers. Here we go! 

The Questions:
1.             Why did you start blogging?
2.            Who/what has inspired your style the most?
3.            What are your top three favorite stores?
4.            What are your top ten fall essentials?
5.            What was your most recent purchase?
6.            What is your favorite Lilly print and why?
7.             How would you describe your style in three words?
8.            What is your favorite monogramming store?


My Answers: 
1. I started blogging as a way to express myself, as cheesy as that sounds. I have a pretty boring corporate job, but I've always loved fashion, crafting, baking, and just generally being a girl. This is my way to express that! 
2. My biggest style influences include: Jackie Onassis Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, Blair Waldorf, and my grandmother, Mayme Louise - the lady knew how to rock a statement necklace! 
3. Oh my gosh, this is a hard question! If I had to pick: Kate Spade, JCrew, Saks Fifth Avenue. 
4. Top 10 fall essentials: 1) riding boots! 2) cozy sweaters with silky button ups 3) all things plaid 4) ballet flats 5) Hunter boots 6) leopard print pieces to spice things up 7) loosely curled hair 8) statement necklaces 9) skinny jeans to tuck into boots and wear with those ballet flats 
5. A cream colored Patagonia fleece to bundle up with and a pair of black bow kate spade stud earrings 
6. An even harder question! I think my favorite is actually from my favorite Lilly dress when I was a little girl: it was pink with big, white daisies. More recently I love the geometric patten of Tickle the Ivories
7. I have kind of quirky, girly style, but I think that it is always infused with a classic sensibility. So my three words are: girly, classic, and quirky. 
8. This is kind of boring but JCrew - I absolutely love a cozy cashmere cardigan with my monogram on it.  Also, a store called Toss in my hometown in the CA. 

My other nominee is: http://southern-and-savvy.blogspot.com/
she's super cute and you should check her out! 

Thanks again for this honor! 
xo 
Tara

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! Great post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks again for the nomination :)
      Tara

      Delete