Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Sweater: Kate Spade; Dress: Shoshanna; Shoes: Jimmy Choo

As you probably already know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Which means that everything is pink! It also means that this pink has inspired me.  As I was window shopping online the other day, I saw this bright pink Shoshanna dress and was immediately struck by it.  I thought that it would make the perfect cocktail dress, which is particularly fitting since maybe you'll have a pink-themed breast cancer awareness gala to attend!

I am a particularly big fan of the line Shoshanna, and many of my dresses for weddings and even for work come from this New York based designer.  Her pieces are always perfectly feminine and fun, without being too frilly or over-the-top (I say as I post about a hot pink dress the 5 year old me would've loved).

I paired the dress with a simple black cardigan from Kate Spade.  I love this cardigan with it's little crystal bow buttons... they really add a little black-tie element to an otherwise simple wardrobe staple.

Finally, this Jimmy Choo pumps are my dream evening shoes.  I have a friend who has a wedge version of these, and she wears them pretty much all the time. I'm so jealous! Well, maybe someday.

Until next time, 
xo
Tara


1 comment:

  1. I love that you did a post on this topic and I also love your picks!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete