Saturday, October 19, 2013

Liebster Award


I would like to thank Lauren, of A Touch of Southern Grace, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It is an award for new blogs with fewer than 200 followers.  I would never have thought that when I started this blog a few months ago that I would have already been nominated for two awards.  It is surreal and I'm so honored! 

The rules of the award are as follows: 
1.             Thank the blogger who nominated you and link them back. 
2.            Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3.            Nominate other bloggers who have under 200 followers and give them eleven questions to answer.

Questions For Lauren's Nominees:
1.             What inspired you to first start blogging?
Answer: I first started blogging in order to create a place for all of the things that I'm interested in.  I wanted a place where I could express my interests in a way that I can't in my everyday life between going to work, etc. This blog is that place!

2.            What is your favorite children’s book?
My favorite book when I was little was realistically any of the Nancy Drew mysteries.  I have always loved all things suspenseful and scary (Does anyone else remember Are You Afraid of the Dark from Nickelodeon? Because I LOVED that show :) Nancy Drew was such an awesome heroine, I used to like to pretend I was her!

3.            What are some of you hobbies?
I love baking, it's been a hobby of mine since I can remember. I also love sewing, anything with glitter, yoga, hiking, but if I could spend a Saturday any way, it would be with a good book and a nice cup of tea! 

4.            What are three random facts about yourself?
Answer: I am half Swedish.  I have had three Australian Shepherds over my life, and I think they are the best dogs ever! I am a huge history nerd, especially American history. 

5.            What is your favorite blog post you have written thus far?
Answer: I am really proud of all of my posts, but I think my favorite so far has been "A Different Kind of Stripes." I love that outfit!

6.            What are your top three favorite stores?
Answer: This is always such a hard question! I think if I had to choose, though, I would say: Kate Spade, JCrew, and Saks Fifth Avenue. I also love small boutiques, like Monkee's where I used to live in North Carolina!

7.             What is your favorite monogrammed item?
Answer: I have a bright red, cashmere cardigan from JCrew with my monogram on the chest. I wear it constantly.

8.            How would you describe your style?
Answer: I am definitely very girly. From a young age I've loved makeup and clothes and all things girly. I also think that I have a classic sensibility to my style, as I'm very inspired by classic silhouettes and have never wanted my future children to look back on pictures of me and say, "Mom, what were you wearing??"  Of course I also am very preppy! Even though I'm from California, my family is very Southern and old-school, and I spent a majority of high school in Washington D.C. as my mother worked there, so there's not a lot of California girl in my style! 

9.            What is your favorite color?
Answer: Pink. Forever and always. 

10.         Who are your favorite bloggers?
Answer: Atlantic Pacific, Girl Meets Glam, Cupcakes and Cashmere (All SF girls, too!), The College Prepster, Classy Girls Wear Pearls, and A Touch of Southern Grace!

11.          What is a current goal of yours?
Answer: Longterm I would love to open a boutique where I get to play with clothes that I love all day long! Short term I'm excited to move into my new house and get it decorated! 

Thank you again to Lauren from A Touch of Southern Grace for nominating me! It is such an honor! 

Until next time, 
xo 
T



No comments:

Post a Comment