Friday, October 4, 2013

Running Late with Hearts

I don't know about you, but I have had the most hectic week! And I stayed up a little too late last night watching the season premiere of Scandal, and I think the combination of the two made me oversleep this morning... eek!

So in my mad dash out the door I threw together my put-together-uniform: sweater, button-up, cropped pants, and ballet flats. I have a pretty informal work environment, so this works for me. What I like about it, though, is that regardless of your dress code, you can have a few key pieces like this that you can throw together in a pinch and still look put together and polished.

Sweater: JCrew (old); Button-up: Madewell; Pants: Rag & Bone Jean (really old, but purchased as Saks Fifth Ave)
I'm lucky that I have naturally pretty manageable hair, although sometimes it's straight-ness drives me absolutely insane! So my go-to hairstyle even on days when I'm not in a rush is to wear it down with a headband or up in a ballerina bun. I think that either of these hairstyles usually work with any kind of hair, though. They're also great because they take very little time and keep your hair out of your face during the day.  I don't know about you, but I hate having to constantly push my hair back all day long!

Shoes: Tory Burch (old, but purchased at Nordstrom)
I absolutely love these Tory flats.  Their tone-on-tone, tan coloring works so well with so many outfits, and is more subtle, which can be more appropriate for work when I'm wearing things like a heart print sweater. 
I also love the length/cut of these pants. They're great for in-between seasons like fall and spring, and during the winter I can easily tuck them into my boots. They also make me think of something Audrey Hepburn would've worn, especially when paired with flats! 

Watch: Kate Spade
I love the look of a classic white cuff against a nice sweater. It's just so timeless! I try to keep my accessories pretty pared down on work days, so I usually just wear my favorite Kate Spade watch (the band is polka-dotted!), a pair of simple stud earrings and my signet ring. 

So this is my typical work look! Sometimes I will throw on a skirt or a dress instead, but skinny pants like these are so easy and comfortable. Depending on your work environment, this kind of look may not work for you. But, whether you have to wear a full suit to work everyday, or if you can stroll in with pink hair, I think it's important to have a repertoire of go-to pieces that you can throw together at a moment's notice. Especially if those pieces manage to show off your personality, too, like my heart sweater and polka-dotted watch tend to do for me. 

Until next time, 
xo
T






No comments:

Post a Comment