Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nike Women's Marathon

This last weekend, some of my friends and I ran the Nike Women's Marathon. 

The finish line!
It's held every year in San Francisco on the same weekend as my birthday. I've always wanted to do it, and my friends and I decided to sign up while we were still all together in North Carolina, along with 30,000 other women! 

All of the ladies in the 9-10 min bracket lined up behind the start line!
This year was the events 10th anniversary.  The marathon benefits the Lukemia and Lymphoma society, a cause that is particularly close to my heart. Over the past 10 years, the Nike Women's Marathon has raised over $143 million for the LLS. Amazing! 


At the finish line, you are given a custom Tiffany and Co. necklace by a San Francisco fireman in a tuxedo. It definitely takes the sting out of 13.1 miles! 

Honestly though, it would have been enough just to finish the race. I had such an amazing feeling of accomplishment afterwards! And, when you know that your hard work is benefitting not only you but a noble cause like the LLS, it's an even better feeling. 

Until next time,
Xo




No comments:

Post a Comment