Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Inspo of the Week: Cher Horowitz

Of all of the movies that pretty much defined my youth, Clueless sits at the top of the list. When I was a kid, I could essentially recite the script verbatim, and longed to have a computerized catalogue of my closet that would help me get dressed in the morning. Not to mention just wishing that I had her closet, and her white open-top Jeep! I kind of still want that Jeep, now that I mention it...

But, with the recent resurgence of 90's trends, like jelly sandals and crop tops and plaid, I got to thinking about my original fashion icon. Here are a few of my favorite looks from one of my favorite movies of all time:


This outfit defined my life for a while... I even remember buying a red version at Target for back to school shopping in the 3rd grade! 


I mean, I still dress like this... 


"But this is an Alaia!" Thanks, Cher, for teaching me about designers and the perils of hanging out in empty parking lots in LA. That came in handy in college. 


Again, I would wear this outfit tomorrow. Minus the knee socks. I'm a little old for that! 


I just realized that Mindy Lahiri on the Mindy Project is really just channeling Cher Horowitz. And I love it. 


A beret and a fluffy pencil.  This was all I wanted out of life at the ripe old age of 7. 


But seriously, can we talk about the boyfriend blazer and the white button up? Swap that skirt for some silky shorts and you have an adorable summer night outfit. 


I cannot tell you how much I wanted a white sheer button up because of this movie.  There was a girl in my math class in the 3rd grade who had one... I still hate her for it ;)

Well, I know that Cher's style has greatly influenced mine, even without realizing it at times. Who or what from your childhood has influenced your style? 

Until next time, 
xo 
T



6 comments:

  1. I used to love Clueless! Wonderful post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still watch it from time to time, and I swear I still get outfit inspo from it!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Haha I love Cher!! It is so funny to watch back now and look at what the guys were wearing! Ugh!! "What is it with high school boys..." hahah
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg right?! also rewatching now as an adult and picking up on all the jokes that went right over my head as a kid...
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love this movie! Have you seen the new Iggy Azalea video? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched it after reading your comment... it might be my new favorite song of the moment!
      xo

      Delete