Thursday, September 11, 2014

Golf, and why it's a good thing to learn.

Top: JCrew; skirt: Lilly Pulitzer; shoes and glove: Nike Golf; hat: Vineyard Vines 

I love to golf. It's an interest I share with my grandfather, and I still remember the set of tiny kid sized clubs he bought me when I was little, and having root beer floats in his kitchen after a day on the course. Since I don't have a dad anymore, my relationship with my grandfather is incredibly important to me, so I cherish our golf dates and the many hours we have spent watching it on tv during the winter months. But it's not just because it's my time with my grandfather that I love golf. I also think that it's a great sport that will take you throughout your entire life. It teaches patience more so than other sports, and it's a sport that you can use to impress. When you work in the corporate world like I do, it's nice to be able to have something besides work to talk about with your boss, and comparing handicaps is something that will always impress your boss, even if yours is terrible like mine! And when you inevitably get invited on weekend retreats for work, you want to be right up there with the guys on the par 3, kicking butt and taking names. 

Until next time,
xo
T

No comments:

Post a Comment