I am obsessed with Mindy Kaling. I read her book Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me after my friend Nikki recommended it, which made me laugh out loud probably too much. Then her tv show, "The Mindy Project," made me realize that if I have a spirit animal, it's Mindy Kaling/her on-screen alter ego, Mindy Lahiri. Let me lay out for you why I'm so enamored with the Lady Kaling.
1) She's smart as hell. Girl went to Dartmouth, wrote for "The Office" and has written for SNL, her own book... you get the picture.
2) She's ambitious. I mean, she has her own tv show. Enough said.
3) She's cool with who she is. She exudes confidence. She recognizes her flaws, and says, "But hey, I'm awesome anyway." I think all of us ladies, and probably some guys too, could take a lesson from that mentality.
4) She's hilarious. Most guys don't get her humor, but let me just say I do. She speaks to me on a level very few other ladies in the public eye have. Girl knows what's up.
5) Her style. I mean for realsies here, I want to raid not only the on-set closet of The Mindy Project, but also her IRL closet. Follow her on Instagram and you'll see what I mean. Also, her character, Mindy Lahiri, knows a thing or two about color blocking, layering, and peter pan collars, and loves Kate Spade and Chanel. Like I said, she's my spirit animal. The above selection doesn't even begin to do justice to her wardrobe, as I literally want to steal everything she wears in every episode of the show. I'd probably even wear the scrubs. Just saying.
But seriously, if ever there was a girl to love, it's Mindy. She's smart, funny, confident and has great style. In other words, she's awesome :)
Until next time,