Sunday, September 29, 2013

Making Camo Work

I was in LA a month or so ago visiting some of my friends, and we of course went shopping. My friends down there tend to be much trendier than me, as I usually stray from buying into/buying fads. But, I seemed to catch trend fever while at Kitson one day and bought these camo jeans on a whim (another uncharacteristic move for me). I got them home and had absolutely no idea what to do with them, my only solace being that People Style Watch said they were cute. So after tearing apart my closet, I came up with this.
Sweater: Vince; button-up: Madewell; jeans: Black Orchid

I decided to pair them with an oversized white crew neck I had recently bought. I thought that the leather elbow patches would play well with the edgier print of the pants. I also added a collared shirt underneath in order to add some polish. This button up from Madewell makes so many appearances in my daily life! 

Shoes: Tory Burch 

I have had these unadorned, metallic Tory Burch flats forever, and while I don't wear them as much as my classic Reva flats, they are great for outfits like this when I don't need a lot of competition coming from my shoes. 


Here's a close-up of my collar/sweater combo.  I just love the look of a crisp collar under a sweater, and I think this monochromatic take offers a fresh spin. 

Until next time, 
xo 
T




No comments:

Post a Comment